The Northside-Westside CREW
The Northside-Westside CREW (Community Rising for Equity and Well-being) is a group of neighbors and community members who want to form stronger relationships and more a meaningfully connected community – wherein we really know one another and have the power to act and shape the future of this neighborhood. Through CREW, neighbors are building the community of our wildest collective imagination.
CREW is a reflective, relationship-based organization of folks who care about their neighborhood and one another! We are developing a culture and community of learning wherein neighbors and everyday people can learn about the forces that affect our lives: zoning, housing policy, mental health care, education, food access, transportation, development, etc. We believe that everyday people (we) should understand why things are the way they are – in order to imagine how we might act to change these circumstances!
What we’re working on:
- Organizing mutual aid through the Missoula Food Bank Pantry at Lowell
- Connecting with neighbors and surfacing needs through door knocking, house meetings, and community conversations
- Educating and building capacity for community ownership of housing and businesses
- Negotiating for equitable housing development and more homes that neighbors can afford
- Developing alternative, equitable, community-led methods of public engagement around new developments and community planning in our neighborhoods
How to get involved with community organizing in the Northside and Westside
Fill out the form below to get connected with our Community Organizer.
You can also join our Facebook group and follow us on Instagram @northmissoulacdc to see what we’re up to!