Join us this summer for a spectacular celebration of 15 years of Missoula Outdoor Cinema (MOC)! So, what’s different this year? Well, this year YOU get to choose the movies! We looked back at all our movies and chose the top 34 of all time – the shows with the biggest crowds and most excitement throughout our 15 years. Now, it’s your turn to choose your top 15!
Check out our NMCDC Facebook page for your chance to vote in starting in March!
This event is FREE to the public, but we encourage a $5 donation to help us cover the cost of the movies and to support this great Missoula summertime activity. Also this year, we’re raising money to purchase a new screen to accommodate the new widescreen format of most movies.
Movies show at sunset at the Head Start school (1001 Worden Ave.) on the Northside (map below). For more information on volunteer opportunities, history of the MOC, and important rules (no alcohol or dogs!), please see our MOC page. Hope you enjoy the show!
Movie Faceoffs – Prepare to Vote (March 2017)
- Moonrise Kingdom vs. Little Miss Sunshine
- Up vs. Frozen
- The Avengers vs. Pirates of the Caribbean
- Harry Potter vs. E.T.
- Finding Nemo vs. Never Ending Story
- Princess Bride vs. Labyrinth
- A River Runs Through It vs. Winter in the Blood
- Jurassic Park vs. Raiders of the Lost Ark
- American Graffiti vs. Stand by Me
- Big Lebowski vs. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Creature from the Black Lagoon vs. It Came from Outer Space
- National Lampoon’s Summer Vacation vs. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- The Birds vs. Young Frankenstein
- The Burbs vs. Beetlejuice
- Stop Making Sense vs. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Say Anything vs. Sixteen Candles
- African Queen vs. Casablanca
Movies are shown at the Headstart Playground on the Northside: